Alaric

torstai 13. marraskuuta 2014

Starting a new book.

I typed out 20 k words today on a new novel, a historical fantasy.

Typing those words out, I began to fear. I thought about the first two books I wrote, both first in a series, huge historical novels of great ambition. There will be reviews that hate them, for they are not light reading but I already had many reviews that loved them. Yet, even one bad one can royally ruin ones day, no matter if such critique is great for developing even better stories.

One has to develop a fat hide to be able to cut it in this business but developing such a hide is going to take time. Being an author is great for self development. Everything I do is out there for anyone to see. Authors. We love it, we hate it, we must learn to live with it. I must, certainly.

That one dubious review I had already helped me with this new book and those two huge books I penned down last year and this spring and all the hot tears poured into them do give me some advantages. I bring a lot of experience into this new one and can save a ton of time from mistakes I made with the first ones. 

Now, all I have to do is to make it good. 

I will know I succeeded if I laugh and love some characters, hate others and shed some tears for the fallen.

Wish me luck!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti